Discover design on your screen of choice ✨
The one and only online/offline design experience specifically tailored for teens – immersing you in the world of design thinking and innovation. Learn design and creative problem-solving methods the fun way! This summer camp will help prepare for your future in →
Self-paced, online/offline ✦
We know it's sometimes hard to stay focused during these odd times. That's why we've built in lots of flexibility in the schedule and made sure that your screentime will be minimal (your eyes will be very happy to see this). The projects you'll work on can be done individually or in teams, all self-paced over the month of August. All of the Camp is online inside a private, Design Disco student-only Basecamp project management platform.
Individual coaching ✦
Design Disco instructors are passionate young professionals in the field of design with an educational background in University of Cambridge, Virginia Tech, and Bauhaus Dessau. Your individual interests and creative competencies are taken into account throughout the Camp. We are passionate about guiding each one of you on how to connect design with your world.
Meet professional designers ✦
You'll get to meet architects, graphic designers, product designers, and university students to hear about their experiences and exchange ideas. With guest lectures and live Q&A sessions, you'll get a peek of what it really is like to study and work as a professional in the realm of design!
Pure edu-tainment ✦
We're all about making your experience fun and hands-on because that's the best way to learn! Our camp is a great opportunity to meet other students from different schools and countries, who share common interests from all over the world. You might even get to say I met “_____” before they were famous!
Jason, co-founder and director of Design Disco, is a design researcher, educator, and K-pop enthusiast. He is currently pursuing a Master's degree in Coop Design Research at the Bauhaus Dessau, focusing on design education for adolescents. Prior to this, Jason led the design program at the Riverside International School in Prague and studied architecture at Virginia Tech School of Architecture + Design and Architectural Institute of Prague.
Charlie is an architectural designer and writer. He graduated from the University of Cambridge where he conducted research on progressive education and school design typologies in Japan. He has taught at a number of schools from London to Tokyo, witnessing the diversity of how different people teach and learn. Usually you can find Charlie anywhere that serves good spicy food.
Jana is a graphic designer with experience in the nonprofit sector. Studying industrial design at Virginia Tech School of Architecture + Design opened her eyes to the possibilities design holds and she is passionate about introducing high schoolers to that same discovery. Having lived in multiple countries, Jana loves learning about culture, life, tiny living, and different ways to approach problem-solving.
Who is this Camp for?
- You are between 14-19 years old
- You want to learn what design is all about
- You want to see how designers work
- You want to get into a design-related university
- You want to be more creative
- You want to see if design is for you
- You want to take your artistic skills to the next level
- You want to be better at solving problems
- You want to make an impact around your community
- You don’t want to be bored this summer
- 5 interactive video lessons accompanied by exercises, templates and PDFs
- Personal coaching sessions from Camp instructors
- 6 guest talks from professional designers
- Individual projects that are self-paced over the month
- All content available synchronously or asynchronously
- Access to the Design Disco Basecamp Project Management
- ~FOREVER~ access to video lessons, practical exercises, templates and PDFs
- Program completion certificate